Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Spark Joy

Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying UpSpark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondō
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'll admit that while I was reading this book, I was mocking most of it. Cover the eyes of stuffed animals so that it is easier to get rid of them? Put your silverware in a drawer with natural (like bamboo or rattan) dividers so that they gently hug your cutlery, and your forks and knives will breathe easier. Smelling objects to place them in the right pile. Come on, it's hard not to roll your eyes a bit. Kondo takes tidying up VERY seriously, so she can be a bit much. You get the feeling that is written for rich people who can afford to throw away anything that doesn't spark joy and replace it with things that will. And the illustrations are more like doodles and involve a lot of bunny rabbits. However, I ended up reading the whole thing, and afterwards I couldn't help looking around my house, my fingers itching to start chucking things that don't bring me joy....

View all my reviews

No comments: