Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Madame President

Madame President: The Extraordinary Journey of Ellen Johnson SirleafMadame President: The Extraordinary Journey of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf by Helene Cooper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not sure I really know Madame Sirleaf, but I sure know a lot more about Liberia. What an extraordinary history! And the influence of the women in that country is amazing. By coming together they were able to affect real and important change, and Sirleaf played a big part in that. Her ability to cross between political and country cultures is amazing. The prophecy that was told about her when she was born that she would become a "great person" no doubt gave her purpose and confidence when faced with challenges. The idea that we are special, I think, can give a person added resilience and motivation. She wasn't perfect, but she did many great things for her nation. What an inspiring person!

View all my reviews

No comments: