Thursday, July 18, 2019

The White Queen

The White Queen (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #2)The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a perfectly good romance story of a "commoner" marrying the king. There is intrigue, war, divine destiny, exile, but over all, a deep love between Elizabeth and Edward. It probably would have been four stars but I watched the series before I read this, which combined this with the following two books and it was so well done, I couldn't help but think the series was better than the book. When does that happen?

View all my reviews

"I support God and the king and my rights, in that order,"  I smile.  Pointless to ask him how he knows what God wants, how he knows which king is right, how he can be sure that his rights are just.

The man I married had not known fear, nor had he a son, nor did he know how to love.  But all these things have come to us and we are changed by them, but not spoiled by them."

we show ourselves to the people, and by demonstrating our wealth, our fertility, and our elegance we make them feel secure in their monarchy.

No comments: